Friday, June 25, 2010

Summer in the PacNW

It may actually be summer in Seattle, although I don't want to commit to that just yet. Summers here are one of the country's best kept secrets, and a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to the near-flawless weather (sunshine, 60-70 degrees, NO HUMIDITY) and the opportunities it presents to get outside. I'll be biking plenty, you can be sure of that.

Tomorrow holds another big training ride as I get ready for my single-day STP attempt and my crown jewel ride at RAMROD at the end of July. I feel good, and I feel like I'm getting to be where I wanted to be at this point of the year. Metrics and data are really cool when you apply them toward personal athletic performance - it's like treating your body like a race car. After I knock out those 120 miles tomorrow, I plan on going to Beth's Cafe on Green Lake and ordering a dozen egg omelet. I've heard rumors that it weighs over 6 pounds, so this could get interesting. There will be photos.

The TYB progress keeps on coming, and we'll be ordering our first bit of merchandise next week. Keep posted and I'll let you know what we'll be selling and how you can get yours. Rest assured it will be very, very cool.

I've enjoyed seeing all of my friends now that I'm back "home", but last night I had the opportunity to make some music with my friend Pat Allen, who happened to play in my first ever band waaaay back in high school. We only came up with one noteworthy idea, but the session was one of the coolest I've been a part of in a while. After a decade away from each other, it was very cool to see where we'd gone musically and just what we could come up with together.

Off to get some rest and prepare for the ride tomorrow - it's going to be good, and I plan on attacking like crazy and seeing just how hard I can get these old guys and girls to go (I'm the youngest in our group by a good 10 years) - not that age has anything to do with it, though. I'm pretty sure I know an old guy in Japan who can still hammer with the best of them.

Check out the near-complete TYB site! www.takeyourbike.org

No comments:

Post a Comment