Saturday, December 5, 2009

All Good Things

For a lot of reasons, I'm very excited for my current situation. I'm surrounded by a town I like, people I enjoy, and an atmosphere and culture that I'm in love with. It's college football championship weekend. There's a parade going on outside. I'm playing a show tonight, for the first time in a new town. It's my birthday tomorrow. A whole bunch of snow is in the forecast. And I'm involved with something that I love here at the gym, and building a new business. Training and fitness is an industry I can see myself staying in for some time, I'm just not sure in what capacity and in what location. Some great opportunities exist here in Crested Butte, but my travel itch and addiction to mobility are (for better or worse) raising some internal questions. I've got a lot of thinking to do.

It seems that since February I've been doing a lot of self-analysis and mulling over some fairly consequential issues - I look forward to the day when I'll be able to live in the present for a little bit. Knowing what I want to do with my ambition and when, where, and how to apply it are some issues that require a lot of introspection. I'm very fortunate to be in a situation where I can apply my thoughts in full to these challenges, and hopefully to arrive at a solution I can stand by. Whether that comes this week, before May, or at some point in the (hopefully not too distant) future remains to be seen.

On a slightly less weighty level, I'm having a blast out here. Having the season start was cathartic, and it's been great fun getting a board back under my feet (Sorry, bike - I'll spend time with you again soon.). This mountain is RIDICULOUS - some of the terrain is absolutely intimidating, and I'm excited to get a look at some life-changing runs in the coming months. I cannot wait to have my friends and family out and show this place off. I'm proud to have the opportunity to do so. The next 6 weeks of my life are shaping up to be incredibly intense and exhilarating.

I have a lot to think about. I have a lot to think about. I have a lot to think about.

But tonight I'm going to watch football, play music, have a drink (today is the 76th anniversary of the end of Prohibition - thanks, Matt, for the heads up), and look forward to a white birthday. Bring on the snow.

I have some new photos, but I left the camera at home so those will be up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment