Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving





Today I am thankful for a lot, most recently the terrain park team at CB putting in the hard work to supply me with some jibs for a few morning laps on Thanksgiving. The only thing finer is a powder day Christmas. Which is hopefully on the menu this year.


Yesterday was opening day, and was a blast. New friends, a jib park, and a big costume party (I rode part of the day as a big orange M&M, and the ladies loved what I was putting down - I was a finalist). Unfortunately, I was having to much fun (or is that fortunately?) to make it down for the finals, which were won by a guy with a bottle of whiskey in his hand and a sledding saucer strapped to his back wearing a neon one-piece. I never had a chance. I had a great time yesterday, and cannot wait to share some of the fun to be had out here with my friends and family in the next month. I start work tomorrow for the mountain, and have a training client in the afternoon. I am very thankful for the ability to work here and make a living in this town - I plan on working to do just that for some time to come.


Other things I am thankful for (in no particular order):


- my family (all of you, from my brother to my godsisters)

- Chris Bell's "I Am The Cosmos" (thanks, Adam)

- mountains, oceans, and long empty roads

- coffee

- my friends (obviously the very best in the world - come visit everyone)

- football (the foundation of Thanksgiving before the pilgrims showed up)

- Tim Ferris (for the wakeup call)

- Apple products

- bikes

- boards

- Nutella spread

- the RIDICULOUS weather in Crested Butte (bluebird or snowing EVERY DAY)


There's a lot more I am thankful for, but I'm going to show my thanks by living a little bit and not spending too much time in front of a computer. Ask me sometime.


Here's to my family and friends with whom I could not be with today, either due to measurable distance or due to the fact that you have moved on to another life. I love you all and am thankful for every one of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment