Monday, March 15, 2010

Big Air, The Autowet Crew, TakeYourBikeand More



I'm still trying to catch up from the last few days; it's been epic, fun, challenging, and exhausting - all in the best way possible. Big Air on Elk was Saturday, which was pretty ridiculous. The whole town shut down main street for the sole purpose of building a 40 foot tow-in step up jump, which is the most logical use of a main street in the downtown of any city on a Saturday night as far as I'm concerned. I photo I took is above (I opted out of entering - although I'm not sure I would've gotten an entry pass from the organizers, anyway - due to my recovering sprained back, my focus on not hurting myself for cycling season, and due to the fact that I didn't have much interest in attempting my first snowmobile tow-in on an icy runway in the dark in front of the whole town). The guys involved, though, put it down. It was epic good fun, and a real treat to watch. It's invigorating to live in a town this cool. Sunday was spent on the bike (for those of you with sense - who would never know this - riding a trainer is like caging a wild animal. It's depressing, lonely, and pretty damn heartless. But you get out what you put in.), reading, listening to some quality music (I'm still convinced that Tommy Flanagan is an extremely underrated jazz pianist), and A LOT of progress on the TakeYourBike project. The idea brainstorming is piling up, the website outline is coming along more and more every day, and the progress is rampant. Maybe it's the fading snow base, maybe it's my belligerent enthusiasm for cycling, but this is getting to be more and more of an undertaking. I'm thrilled to have found some genuine direction to place my energy, and I couldn't be happier that it's contributing to the greater good. Possibly the most exciting part - the first draft of our route is done! The picture is above, and the link to the real deal is below. Check it out:http://tinyurl.com/y8hlgg4You know you want to come. It's going to be too much fun. If you're seriously interested in coming with us, email me at believeinsnow@yahoo.com. We'd love to have you. We're working more on the website today - our optimistic launch date is April 15 (one month from today). Gotta get the dirty work done now because the Autowet Crew arrives in CB tomorrow. For those of you not in the know, this means I'll get less than desirable amounts of work done for the next week. Which will be great fun, and I can't wait to have the team out. I live for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment