Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Road Ahead, Literally

The car is packed, the sails are set, and the cow is fat. Time for the slaughter.

Yes, I get to see Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington in the next 2 days.
Yes, I will be driving my Thunderbird with my bike in the front seat, chained to my wrist.
Yes, the rest of my earthly possessions will be in the back seat.
Yes, when jumpstarting my car this morning, I blew out the stereo and will have no music.
Yes, I'm considering driving with earbuds in at a low volume, and I don't care what you think. (Mom, I do care what you think, and won't do that just so you won't worry)
Yes, I will be spending 600 consecutive miles of my weekend on I-84.
Yes, I will be reviewing two hotels for Yahoo! Travel solely on the basis of their continental breakfasts, which I will be sampling after assessing the serenity of their parking lots overnight.
Yes, I will be signing up for trial memberships under aliases at two gyms along the way to stay on my training program.
Yes, I know all of this is ridiculous.

And no, I wouldn't have it any other way.

21 hours of America, baby.



No comments:

Post a Comment