Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Seattle and the Continuing Travel Saga

Ah, Rain City. It's good to be back. If you've never been, I can't really explain why this place is as great as it is. It's an absolutely perfect blend of culture, sophistication, natural beauty, and metropolitan living in one wonderful place. Sure, it rains, but not as much as you'd think. And that should sway you from checking out a place, regardless. It's just water, after all...

It's great to be back, and great to see all of the old friends. It's eerie how comfortable it all is - the places and sights and sounds are all too familiar, and seeing friends for the first time in years is just like I stepped out to take a phone call and walked back in the room. I'm very fortunate to have found such lifelong friends so early in my life.

4 job interviews in 2 days will determine what my summer holds for me - wish me luck. I'm optimistic that I can bring something to the table at all of the facilities I'm applying with, and I hope to have a very productive and fulfilling employment this summer. I'm also very fortunate to have found a way to turn a passion into a profession for the second time in my life so early on.

After catching my second Mariner's game of the season later today (they'll win eventually, I'm sure of it), I'll be back at the packing/moving tasks once again, and on a train to the airport tomorrow morning. I'm excited to hit the road again and to get back East and see friends and family, and looking forward to catching up with the old crew in VA. Even more importantly (no disrespect to those of you in VA), I'm looking forward to seeing my little brother graduate college. For those of you who have done that before, you may have a unique appreciation of walking that path. Or you may write it off as just another thing that you're supposed to and should do. For me, it's a pretty amazing accomplishment. I know how much that kid has poured into this, and it's pretty ridiculous if you ask me. I pride myself on being dedicated, ambitious, and versatile, but college is a feat that I am ever-impressed and borderline intimidated by. I have all the respect in the world for those of you who have met that challenge, and I look forward to celebrating my brother's accomplishments with him next week. I'm proud of my little brother - there is less than zero doubt in that statement.

Oh yeah - one last thing:



No comments:

Post a Comment