Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Kansas City!



Greetings from Kansas City! Not sure if I'm in Missouri or Kansas, but my gut says Missouri. The rain has finally stopped. It's nice outside. I hesitate to say it even feels warm. Nice weather for a bike ride, so I'm going to go out for a bit when I leave this coffeehouse. Found a gym to work out in and clean up at in downtown Kansas City, so I'm going to go do that. Then it's off to Denver! It's DUMPING snow right now, so maybe instead of a bike ride I'll get some street snowboarding in in October. This is ridiculous. It's ridiculous that I even got away with typing that right now, not even getting into the fact that that option is a reality for tomorrow. I can't believe how much snow is coming down in the Denver/A-Basin/Loveland area. Moreover, I can't believe that I get to play in it on Friday!
I'm off to pal around in Kansas City for a bit and get athletic. On two wheels is the only way to tour a new city.
I ALMOST FORGOT! I bought some fireworks today in Missouri! Part homage to Wes Anderson, part my own enthusiasm for bright lights and loud noises, part my desire to celebrate this journey's arrival in Colorado (I've already decided that these babies are going off at the Colorado welcome center tonight) - I couldn't hold back. Twenty dollars later I've got enough ammo to get expelled from a grade school. Check out my score in the photos at left.
PRAY FOR SNOW!

UPDATE: I just found out that I am indeed in Kansas and will more than likely be at A-Basin on Friday due to recommendations from friends and their terrain park team getting on it quicker than the guys at Loveland.

No comments:

Post a Comment