Friday, October 16, 2009

To Do Lists

My life has been a function of my "To Do" lists for some time now - a result of my genetic link to my father and my subscription to Tim Ferris' philosophy. Lately, though, my lists have been fairly epic. Things like "SELL EVERYTHING" and "make sure you hang out with your friends". Heavy stuff. Marty McFly heavy. It's been a good experience, but it's intense at times. The reality of my decisions sets in. I'm moving across the country to a place I've never been, where I know no one. A real adventure. It's also set up a lot of good times here in Virginia with the great, great friends I've got here. I'm not sure if it's the sense of urgency, just a general excitement, or what, but I've had a lot of fun spending time with my friends lately. I have great, great friends. Playing with the Hooligans has been awesome, and I've gained a lot from those guys. Say what you will - those boys are some of the most honorable and proud people I know, and if 10% of the world had their work ethic we'd all be in a better place. On my "To Do" list for this weekend: nail down a job for the mountain to get my riding pass (which, by the way, would allow me to ride in as little as 3 weeks!!!), finishing up the selling/giving away process, get my stuff packed up and ready to go (what little there is left), mow the lawn (I'm past due on my turn - sorry roommates), and watch a little football. But not too much - it's crunch time, and I head west in 9 days.

Currently listening to: Smashing Pumpkins - Quiet, Siamese Dream
Currently reading: Crested Butte Mountain Resort job applications

No comments:

Post a Comment