Monday, October 26, 2009

Launch




So here we are. Leaving Virginia. My entire life is packed into a 2 door Ford Thunderbird. LIterally everything I own (see photos). Going to play the last rock show of my Hooligan Era - those guys will be dearly missed. They have a great thing going, and I love them to death, but despite my love for them and for rock and roll and the music business in general, I'm glad to be leaving. One month was enough. The late nights, the missed mornings, the physical strain of less-than-stellar sleep and smoky bars - it's all too much. And the dynamic of complacency is enough to drive you crazy. But it was a great experience, and one that I am eternally thankful for. Hell, I got the seal on my arm for life. Hooligan brotherhood. They will be missed. But today I'm leaving that show and not going home. Or at least not the home I've been used to. I gave that key back this afternoon. I'm leaving the club and going left. WEST. To my new home. Probably a bit more dramatic than is necessary, but I feel like I have a penchant for oversizing significance sometimes. But I also don't think I can put enough emphasis on this - I'm leaving the show and going WEST. I'm moving to Colorado. Tonight. And if that wasn't enough, I get to tramp across the country for the next week. This is incredible.


Before I check out of the Virginia mindset entirely, it's worth noting that I have an incredible group of friends here. The last weekend has been very, very pleasant, and between the last bonfire of the season at 8047 Galveston and the brunch the Jesse threw this morning (he's the man, for those of you who don't know), I am just overjoyed. I have some great, great friends. They will all be missed, and I look forward to the next time I cross their paths.


Currently listening to: Nada Surf - Let Go

Currently reading: a map of the United States


No comments:

Post a Comment